Construction of a new plant adjacent to the existing plant. The new plant is to achieve 72 L/s instantaneous output and to improve the quality of the treated water under all raw water quality conditions.
The upgrade includes:
- Upgrade of the existing raw water pumps;
- PAC dosing into contact tank for TOC/DOC removal process.
- A coated dual media filter (filter coal and sand) to enable effective oxidation and removal of the soluble manganese present in the raw water;
- A new chemical dosing facility housing PAC, alum or ferric coagulants, polymer, caustic soda and sodium hypochlorite. The chemical dosing facility shall be provided with a drive through delivery bund.
- Critical on-line instrumentation for monitoring pH, turbidity and free chlorine residual;
- Sludge handling improvements including a backwash balance tank and construction of a new sludge drying beds;
- Clear water storage with separate inlet and outlet;
- Upgrading of the access road into and around the site to enable the delivery of bulk chemicals and access to the plant;
- Installation of supporting infrastructure such as interconnecting pipework and valving, new monitoring equipment, new instrumentation and control equipment and electrical works.
- A new building for the switchboard and control room.
||Bundaberg Regional Council
||Gregory River, Queensland
||Design & Construct
||Due February 2021